What is a transactional email
A transactional email is a type of automated email message that is triggered by a specific action or event taken by a user, in relation to a transaction or activity. These emails are sent to provide users with important information about their account, such as purchase confirmation, account verification, password reset, shipping notification, or other similar messages.
Difference between transaction and promotional/marketing email
A transactional email is triggered by a specific action or event taken by the user, such as a purchase, account registration, or password reset. The main purpose of a transactional email is to provide the user with important information about their account or transaction. These emails are often expected and necessary for users to complete a transaction or to receive important information about their account.
On the other hand, a marketing email is usually sent to promote a product or service, increase brand awareness, or drive user engagement. Marketing emails are typically sent to a larger audience and are often designed to generate leads or conversions. They may include a call-to-action (CTA) button, such as “Buy Now” or “Learn More,” and may offer discounts or incentives to encourage users to take action.
The main difference between a transactional email and a marketing email is their purpose. While a transactional email is sent to provide important information to the user, a marketing email is sent to promote a product or service and drive user engagement.
Types of transactional emails
There are several types of transactional emails, each with their own purpose and characteristics. Some of the most common types of transactional emails include:
- Welcome Emails: These are sent to new users after they have registered for an account or subscribed to a service. The purpose of a welcome email is to introduce the user to the service and provide them with information on how to get started.
- Confirmation Emails: These are sent to users to confirm that a specific action has been completed, such as a purchase or a reservation. Confirmation emails provide users with important details about their transaction, such as order number, item details, and delivery information.
- Receipts and Invoices: These are sent to users to confirm payment for a purchase or a service. Receipts and invoices provide users with details about the transaction, such as the amount paid, date and time of the transaction, and payment method used.
- Password Reset Emails: These are sent to users who have forgotten their password and need to reset it. Password reset emails provide users with a link or instructions on how to reset their password.
- Shipping and Delivery Emails: These are sent to users to provide them with information about the delivery of their order, such as tracking information and estimated delivery dates.
- Account Update Emails: These are sent to users to inform them of any updates to their account, such as changes in account information or a new feature that has been added.
How can a mass mailer help
An email automation tool or “mass mailer” can help with transactional emails in several ways, such as:
- Automating the email sending process: A mass mailer can automate the sending of transactional emails based on specific triggers, such as a user making a purchase or registering for an account. This can save time and ensure that the email is sent promptly after the trigger event.
- Personalizing the emails: Personalizing transactional emails can improve engagement and build a stronger relationship with the user. The email automation tool can help with this by allowing you to easily customize the email content and include dynamic content based on the user’s behavior or preferences.
- Ensuring email deliverability: Email automation tools often have built-in email verification tools to help ensure that your emails are delivered to the user’s inbox and not marked as spam. This can improve the likelihood that the user will engage with the email and take the desired action.
So which mass emailing application should you go for? Confused about the choices? We recommend Contacto. Why?
It can automate transactional, marketing and notification email delivery. What’s more, with Contacto you can customize your messages as per your customer’s needs.